Hiro Fine Art is interested in purchasing artworks by Rita Silvan.
Rita Silvan was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1928. Silvan showed an interest in art at an early age. She received her Bachelors Degree at the University of Minnesota and studied art. She went on to study under the Minnesota artist Cameron Booth at New York University for graduate school.
Rita Silva became a member of the Artist Equity Association. She went on to exhibit at Minnesota State Fair in 1948-50 and won awards for her painting in 1948 and 1949. She also exhibit her work at the Minneapolis Institute of Art in 1950 and the New York City Center and Newark Museum in 1958. She was an accomplished artist and her work was always well received.
In 1953, Silvan worked at the Museum of Modern Art in New York in the photography department. She moved to New Jersey and worked as an art instructor at the Art Center in Englewood, New Jersey and at the Young Womens Christian Center which was located in Ridgewood, New Jersey.
- 1928 – Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Graduated from the University of Minnesota
- 1948-49 – Won awards for her work at the Minnesota State Fair
- 1950 – Exhibited at the Minneapolis Institute of Art
- 1958 – Exhibited at the New York City Center and Newark Museum